Friday, June 21, 2013

A Good Deed Brightens a Dark World


Picture taken from pinterest

I believe doing a little good thing each day will lighten your soul. Yes doing good things. It doesn't mean you have to save a person from drowning nor buy someone a house. But it could just simply letting the person queuing behind you to go ahead with ordering her coffee first or help someone with her heavy groceries. Yes it's as simple as this and you will definitely feel happy that you have done a little good to others. 

And I helped a lady picked up a penny she dropped as I was walking passed her. Although it was that simple but hell it felt great. You don't need anything in return but I believe a little good you've done will gift you eventually. Like parents used to tell us about Christmas, it's all about giving not receiving. I myself is not a baptized christian but I learned a quote in a bible that I loved most – love your neighbour as yourself. This has taught me to treat people and stranger with kindness in regardless of how you're treated because maybe one day you will get your thanks in return. I have to admit I was never a nice person and in fact I'm quite mean but I've tried changing myself to a little better. Being mean to others won't make you happy but a good deed will. Afterall a good deeds brightens a dark world ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment